Thursday, October 7, 2010

A lifelong love affair... and a signature design!


               Today this wonderful romantic cuff went off to Italy!
     .... a charming young woman purchased it and is waiting for it!

What I find amazing about working with individual clients purchasing that one special piece from my store ... is the incredible pressure it puts on me!!   As an artisan, I make my handmade designs to please only my self!.... if someone purchases them... great!


While this has been my die hard rule that  I have believed and lived my entire career as an artist and designer.... it is so much easier said than actually experienced!


Here I stand in my studio... worrying about every little thing I see!!  This is not perfect, the finish is a little less than what I would like here on this corner... have I custom sized it correctly?





...none the less this beautiful leather cuff with a 25 year old gold angel and cherub exvoto on it... is on it's way to Italy today!  I remember the day I purchased it like it was yesterday!  It took me that long to figure out how to attach metal to leather!!


Everyday... I am amazed as I turn on my computer... how this machine and the technology contained inside that little screen has totally changed my life! ... all our lives!


For those of us who ever did a wholesale show the old fashioned way... it is a total miracle!!

  
 I hope Veronica likes her cuff!!
                                 go be fabulous!                                      
                       
                                   
the resident artist
the handmade lifestyle blog @blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment