Saturday, October 2, 2010

The first step was finally taken!


              Signature Boutique Bison Cuff             

  Welcome to the Handmade Life Style...

Today is a good day, and my first blog post here at the Handmade Life Style Blog!

I love stories... we all have one! Some of us more than one!!

My vision was to create a forum to tell my stories and to show my work!
But  I soon realized that I really wanted to do more than that...
I wanted to inspire and nurture other artists as well.

As I find my way around and get this thing to look the way I hoped  it would...
I will show my you my design work and tell you a bit more of who I am!

I promise to introduce you to a few other artists and the incredible work they do!!

~     ~     ~     ~      ~      ~       ~

...this is me as a leather artist
One day I wanted to re-create a fab leather belt that I had designed for myself
...some 25 years ago! ( say it isn't so... 25 years!)

 So off I went to the nearest leather store and I came out hours later
 with a line of leather belts and cuffs!


The lovely extra wide leather cuff you see here is one of the first leather cuffs I made! 
 I made it for myself of course....
 I started my life in the fashion industry (another story...) and I wanted   
 something boutique to wear that didn't  have that surfer dude look!!     

After a few speed bumps and a rotten "down turn " in the market...
I am finally up and running on the Internet!


  I have an artisan store on
              Etsy.com  showing my boutique leather accessory collection!       
search address ~    urbanboutique.etsy.com

Political note.... sorry that I don't have my links... buttons... mini etsy...or  flikr up yetit's coming it's coming!! 


Thank you for joining in the fun!

the resident artist 
the handmade lifestyle blog @blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment